To apply for a NEW Food Worker Card
Option #2: Come to Spokane Regional Health District (SRHD)
All food employees in Spokane County who handle unwrapped foods or
beverages are required to hold a current Washington State Food Worker
Card (WAC 246-217). Food worker cards are $10.00.
To obtain a card, you must take a course and successfully complete a test covering the course material.
1101 W College Ave, Spokane, WA 99201
- Take the class using a first come, first serve computer kiosk, available Mondays, Thursdays & Fridays from 9:30am to 3pm, located in Room 402 (4th floor)
- Three test stations are available
- Groups larger than three, should contact us in advance to arrange a test date and time
- Successfully complete the test (you will need a photo ID)
- Pay for your new food workers card (Payment can be made with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit cards, cash, debit or money orders. Personal checks will not be accepted. Payments will be taken at our Central Receipting area located on the main floor)
Study ahead. Click here to view a Food Worker Manual.