To apply for a NEW Food Worker Card
Option #3: Online & In Person
All food employees in Spokane County who handle unwrapped foods or
beverages are required to hold a current Washington State Food Worker
Card (WAC 246-217). Food worker cards are $10.00.
To obtain a card, you must take a course and successfully complete a test covering the course material.
This option (or Option 1) should be used if you do not have a credit or debit card available for payment, or the ability to print a card.
Apply for a NEW Food Worker Card Here
- Go to www.foodworkercard.wa.gov or click on the image above
- Choose your preferred language
- Select "new user"
- Fill in county and zip code information
- Complete the registration form
- Watch the instructional video
- Successfully complete the test
- Bring your photo ID and payment of $10.00 to SRHD, Room 402 (4th floor) Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays – 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. – and we will print your card for you. (Payment can be made with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit cards, cash, debit or money orders. Personal checks will not be
accepted. Payments will be taken at our Central Receipting area located on the main floor)
Study ahead: Click here to view a Food Worker Manual.