To apply for a NEW Food Worker Card

Option #1: Online

All food employees in Spokane County who handle unwrapped foods or beverages are required to hold a current Washington State Food Worker Card (WAC 246-217). Food worker cards are $10.00.

To obtain a card, you must take a course and successfully complete a test covering the course material.

Do it Right, Serve it Safe!

Apply for a NEW Food Worker Card Here

  • Go to or click on the image above
  • Choose your preferred language
  • Select "new user"
  • Fill in county and zip code information
  • Complete the registration form
  • Watch the instructional video
  • Successfully complete the test
  • Pay for the test (you must be able to make payment by credit or debit card)
  • A copy of your card will be emailed once payment has been received
  • Print your new food worker card (you must be connected to a printer)

Study ahead: Click here to view a Food Worker Manual.