To apply for a NEW Food Worker Card
Option #1: Online
All food employees in Spokane County who handle unwrapped foods or beverages are required to hold a current Washington State Food Worker Card (WAC 246-217). Food worker cards are $10.00.
To obtain a card, you must take a course and successfully complete a test covering the course material.
Apply for a NEW Food Worker Card Here
- Go to www.foodworkercard.wa.gov or click on the image above
- Choose your preferred language
- Select "new user"
- Fill in county and zip code information
- Complete the registration form
- Watch the instructional video
- Successfully complete the test
- Pay for the test (you must be able to make payment by credit or debit card)
- A copy of your card will be emailed once payment has been received
- Print your new food worker card (you must be connected to a printer)
Study ahead: Click here to view a Food Worker Manual.