To RENEW a Food Worker Card

Option #3: Online & In Person

All food employees in Spokane County who handle unwrapped foods or beverages are required to hold a current Washington State Food Worker Card (WAC 246-217). Food worker cards are $10.00.

To obtain a card, you must take a course and successfully complete a test covering the course material.

This option (or Option 1) should be used if you do not have a credit or debit card available for payment, or the ability to print a card. 

     Apply for a NEW Food Worker Card Here
  • Go to or click on the image above
  • Choose your preferred language
  • Select "returning user"
  • Fill in county and zip code information
  • Complete the food worker login form
  • Watch the instructional video
  • Successfully complete the test
  • Bring your photo ID and payment of $10.00 to SRHD, Room 402 (4th floor) Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays – 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. – and we will print your card for you. (Payment can be made with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit cards, cash, debit or money orders.  Personal checks will not be accepted.  Payments will be taken at our Central Receipting area located on the main floor)

Your first food worker card is valid for 2 years. Before the card expires, you must take the food safety training class and pass the exam again. If your current food worker card has NOT expired, then you may qualify for a 3-year card.

You can receive a 5-year renewal food worker card, if you have a current card and can show that you have had "additional food safety training" within the past 2 years.

Study ahead: Click here to view a Food Worker Manual.