First Batch of H1N1 (Swine) Flu Vaccine Arrives
Health District's Clinic Sets Date to Make Appointments by Phone
The Spokane Regional Health District received the first batch of H1N1 vaccine in the nasal spray form. The Health District will begin scheduling appointments for H1N1 flu vaccinations next Monday, October 12, at 8:00 a.m.
Because the Health District anticipates substantial interest, they will be scheduling the appointments using a multi-operator phone center. The H1N1 vaccine appointments will begin the following Monday, October 19th, when the Health District expects to have enough vaccine for clinic operations.
Only people who are in a high-risk group will be able to receive an appointment at this time. They include:
- Pregnant women
- People who live with or care for infants younger than six months old
- Healthcare and emergency medical workers
- Anyone from six months to 24 years of age
- People from 25 to 64 years of age with health conditions that put them at higher risk of complications from the flu.
The number to call for an appointment will be 324-1648.
This number will not be activated until 8:00 a.m. on the October 12.
As more vaccine becomes available over the next few weeks, the Health District will expand the distribution of the vaccine. Many healthcare providers will be giving the vaccinations to their patients who are in prioritized groups, so people are urged to call their own provider to see if they will be offering the vaccine.
The Health District has also scheduled three free community vaccination clinics for people in priority groups:
- October 24 - at the Central Spokane YMCA - from 9:00 a.m. - to 3:00 p.m.
- November 7 - at the Spokane Valley YMCA -from 9:00 a.m. - to 3:00 p.m.
- November 14- North Spokane YMCA - from 9:00 a.m. - to 3:00 p.m.
More public clinics are being planned. As those clinic locations are confirmed they will be posted on the Health District's website.
Updated clinic information will also be available on our recorded H1N1 hotline: 324- 1495.
Spokane Regional Health District provides individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations. Requests may be made by calling 324-1480 or TDD 324-1464.