SRHD Food Advisory Committee Needs New Members
Deadline is Dec. 31, 2019
Spokane Regional Health District (SRHD) is looking for members to serve on its Food Advisory Committee. The 13-member committee is a cooperative effort between SRHD's Food Safety program and the local food industry. It helps in the development of educational materials, and gives input on health district policies, procedures, regulations, and fees. The committee openings are for a representatives from these industries/institutions/individuals:
- Food Service (must work in Spokane County)
- Grocery Store (must work in Spokane County)
- Temporary Food Events (held in Spokane County)
- Medical Institutions (must work in Spokane County)
- School District Food Program (must work in Spokane County)
- Consumer (must live in Spokane County)
- Higher Education (must work in Spokane County)
This is a voluntary position and committee members must be willing to serve a two-year term and able to attend formal meetings on the first Wednesday of:
In addition, members must be able to attend a special member selection meeting each January.
If you are interested in becoming a committee member, fill out the Food Advisory Committee Application. Application can be downloaded and filled out electronically or printed, details for delivery are in the application.
Questions? Contact SRHD's Food Safety program at 509.324.1560, ext. 2.
All applications must be received by the health district no later than Dec. 31, 2019.