Health Officer Position
Spokane Regional Health District announces its search for the agency's next health officer. The health officer serves as the chief medical officer for the health district with responsibility for the control and prevention of disease. The hire will occupy a highly visible positon within the community requiring outstanding communications, organizational and planning skills, and the ability to build cooperative working relationships. The health officer is expected to work closely and communicate regularly with the medical community.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provides medical/clinical oversight in the investigation of reported or suspected cases or perceived clusters of diseases or conditions considered a threat to public health. This includes the diagnoses and treatment for active and latent tuberculosis.
- Develops and issues time-sensitive health officer orders and enforces public health statutes, rules and regulations of the Washington State Board of Health and Washington State Department of Health and local health rules, regulations and ordinances.
- Provides guidance on infectious diseases with community physicians and medical providers, infection control practitioners, agency staff and other providers for the purpose of enhancing surveillance of communicable disease.
- Provides medical oversight and direction for all outbreaks, natural and environmental disasters, and public health emergencies.
- And more...
See Full Job Posting
Required Application Documents:
- Master's in Public Health (or equivalent)
- Experienced physician licensed to practice medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery
in the state of Washington
- Registration with the Drug Enforcement Agency for prescription of controlled substances
- Valid motor vehicle license and current auto insurance
How to Apply:
- Review applicant information (PDF)
- Application, background check form, cover letter and resume must be hand-delivered, faxed or postmarked by March 3, 2017
- Contact information:
Spokane Regional Health District (SRHD)
1101 W. College, Ave., Room 345
Spokane, WA 99201
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Annual Hoopfest - L. Jacobsen
Spokane Recognized as One
of 10 'All-America Cities'
City of Spokane
SRHD Helps Usher in
Public Health 3.0
SRHD is One of
First to Recieve
Programs and Services Guide
Board of Health